|ABOUT | ALL-STARS | EVENTS | SERVICES | MERCHANDISE | CONTACT | LINKS|
2008 FLIP$ 4 TIP$ 9
Flip$ for Tip$ will host its Ninth all FLAIR Bartending competition this year in Columbus, Ohio. This will be a LEVEL 2 stop on the FBA PRO TOUR. This is an excellent comp to showcase flair skills and to raise money for charity. It will take place during the Ohio Bar Expo.
1. October 6, 2008 ----- Columbus, Ohio Buckeye Hall of Fame CafÃ© (1421 Olentangy River Rd Columbus, Ohio 43212) in conjunction with and during The Ohio Bar Expo
2. We will be raising money for Dakota Turek. Dakota is a 7-year-old boy that needs a second brain surgery. He has been diagnosed with LKS. This years efforts will be directed towards that purpose and this is what we will be raising money for in this years FLIP$ 4 TIP$ 9 event. There are more details and information about Cody at www.codyschallenge.org
3. Each competitor is required to represent a sponsor while on stage. This needs to be done via a shirt or garment that is being worn while on stage. The sponsor can be any product or establishment but each competitor must be sponsored by someone or something and that must be displayed during the routine.
4. COMP TIME IS 1:30pm. All contestants must attend the Meet & Greet on Sunday at 9pm that will take place at the Buckeye Hall of Fame Cafe
5. A practice area will be available to all competitors.
6. Comp will be held on the main stage and take place on a FLAIRCO Bar
7. ROUNDS WILL BE 5 mins in length. Time will cease at the 5 min mark
8. PRIZE BREAKDOWN:
1st..............$1,500 Finalist Trophy & a GRAND CHAMPION plaque. Picture on DVD Cover & Flip$ 4 Tip$ 10 flyer $100 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
2nd.............$800 Finalist Trophy $100 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
3rd..............$600 Finalist Trophy $100 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
4th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $50 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
5th..............$500 Finalist Trophy $50 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
6th..............$400 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
7th..............$400 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
8th..............$400 Finalist Trophy $20 GC to Barproducts.com & Barproducts Bar Set
9. A MINIMUM OF TWO DRINKS MUST BE MADE. THE MAXIMUM NUMBER IS YOUR CHOICE. You must use THREE OLIVE's Vodka and FINEST CALL in both drinks.
10. There is a $125.00 entry fee. All entrants will receive:
a. A souvenir Flip$ 9 FLAIRCO bottle
b. A souvenir Flip$ 9 T-shirt
c. A DVD of the Finals.
d. Limited edition Bottle Blade by Barproducts.com
e. A ticket to the Expo
11. BRING YOUR OWN EQUIPMENT. TINS, BOTTLES, GLASSWARE, POUR SPOUTS, PROPS, MAGIC ACTS, ETC.
12. Bring labeled, labeled, labeled, labeled music in CD format.
13. NO FIRE.
14. STILL CAMERAS ARE ALLOWED. No VIDEO CAMERAS.
15. I WILL ACCEPT REGISTRATIONS BY PAYING VIA PAY PAL AT WWW.CHICOSUN.COM. E-MAIL GO TO firstname.lastname@example.org OR BY TELEPHONING 702-251-9013 AND LEAVING A MESSAGE.
16. SIGN-Ups WILL BE ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
17. Must have at least 1/2oz of Liquor in your bottles.
18. DEDUCTIONS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
a. SPILLS....4 pts
b. DROPS....4 pts
c. BREAKS....10 pts
d. MISSING DRINK....250 pts
e. Not using sponsors product....400 pts
f. Using a competitor's product........400 pts
g. Not having or showcasing a sponsor......400pts
19. JUDGING WILL BE AS FOLLOWS:
1000 pts Overall Performance (This includes Difficulty, Smoothness, Originality & Variety) basically how TIGHT was your show????
(Average) (Above Average) (Excellent) (Phenomenal) (Badass!!!)
50pts CROWD PARTICIPATION. Use the crowd in your show. Don't pretend that they are not there. Are you communicating with them? Making eye contact? Are they impressed with what you are doing? The crowd's response(s) during your routine will be factored into this category as well as their immediate response at the end of your performance. It will not be a â€œloudest crowd applauseâ€� judging where the Emcee will ask the crowd for their approval, it will be the crowd's true response at the end of the round.
Out of town competitors will fly into the Columbus International Airport (CMH)
University Plaza Hotel (614) 267-7461, Holiday Inn on the Lane (614) 294-4848, Fairfield Inn & Suites (614) 267-1111, Hampton Inn (614) 559-2000 and the Varsity Inn (614) 291-2983
I would highly suggest getting a rental car. Cabs are available but are not as available as some major cities. Only one Hotel is within walking distance if you can get it depending on availability.
IT'S TIN TOSSIN' BARTENDER FLOSSIN' LEMON-LIME FLAIRTIME SEE YOU AT THE BUCKYE HALL OF FAME CAFE & OHIO BAR EXPO
GO Bucks and GOOD LUCK!!!!!!
|Chicosun 3655 Decatur Blvd. S. Suite 14-121 Las Vegas, Nevada 89103-6860 USA 702-251-9013||Copyright © 2016 CHICOSUN. . All Rights Reserved.|